RaisingAustisticKids is a free, informational web site run by parents, for parents. It is not affiliated with any organization or service provider. RaisingAustisticKids does not endorse any provider, organization or treatment. Our goal is to provide information on autism spectrum disorders, teaching methods, special education, treatments, therapies, services, research, online resources, training workshops and conferences related to autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder and Asperger’s Disorder. We believe that an informed parent is best able to advocate for his or her child.
By reading or using RaisingAustisticKids, you agree to all of the following:
- RaisingAustisticKids is for informational use only and should not be used in lieu of, or to replace, the advice of health care and educational professionals.
- Any change in your child’s treatment, therapy, diet or educational plan should be discussed first with the appropriate professional – doctor, health care provider, nutritionist, psychologist, therapist or teacher – who knows your child. This is not a medical site. You should not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of anything you read on RaisingAustisticKids.
- RaisingAustisticKids makes no representations or guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or suitability for any purpose of the information provided. RaisingAustisticKids hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all implied warranties or fitness for a particular purpose.
- RaisingAustisticKids links to many sites. We do not control the information on those sites or make any representations as to their accuracy, safety or value. Inclusion of an organization and information about its programs does not imply endorsement.
- RaisingAustisticKids specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may arise as a result of providing information, or that may arise with respect to any web sites maintained by third parties linked to from RaisingAustisticKids.
- RaisingAustisticKids blog posts may include public comments where people may publish articles using fictitious and self-created user names. As such, information and advice posted there may be incorrect, inaccurate, risky, misleading and/or false. Any information posted in the Blog section should be discussed with appropriate professionals who know your child. We cannot determine the accuracy, truthfulness or value of anything posted on the Blog, and we are not responsible for the content within comments posted there. Articles on the Blog reflect the views and opinions of their authors, and not RaisingAustisticKids.
RaisingAustisticKids values the privacy of its visitors. RaisingAustisticKids does not collect personal information from visitors to this site. It does not send unsolicited email. We do not share, give away, or sell any personal information such as email addresses.